Friday, March 27, 2015

Designing a Difference

It’s not the gifts themselves that make such an impact, but it is the selfless generosity and genuine love in which they’re given that holds so much significance.

While I was spending time at the U of M this past November/ December, I received an email from a most dear friend in which contained something that left me so very speechless. I remember opening the email, feeling my heart swell within the walls of my chest, and instantly clasping my hands over my mouth in disbelief.  I remember looking at Mark and saying, “you’ll never believe this” while tears streamed down my cheeks. What was this irreplaceable gift, this act of such genuine generosity and care? 

It was a brand new design created just for Breathe Bravely. 
With the guidance of my incredibly dear friend, Jaci, her husband Micah, and his amazing team at Lawrence & Schiller, this incredible design was created. It’s not only a reflection of me, but of every single person who is a part of Breathe Bravely. I am so excited to finally share this amazing gift with all of you.

The Significance of the Design
          
Breathe Bravely
Represents the strength and hope in every breath that fills us with life.

The Arrow: 
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward, so when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great, so just focus, and keep aiming." – unknown
Since the beginning of this blog, I have strongly embraced the idea that my life with CF is like an arrow.  That with every set back, or difficulty that may be pulling me downward, it only means I am waiting to be propelled into something greater.  

Roses: 
Because Cystic Fibrosis is so difficult for children to say it has become known as “65 Roses" and a trademark for the CF Foundation. 

Because of You
I am so very excited to share this with all of you. This is just the beginning of some exciting things to come and none of it would be possible without the endless love and support of my dearest friends, Jaci and Micah, and the amazing generosity of the team at Lawrence and Schiller. You have given hope, shared love, and designed a difference that goes far beyond me: you are fighting for another breath for all those impacted by CF. Because of you, the arrow that is my life soars higher, farther, and with greater purpose. Love to you all. 

Who has designed a difference in your life?
  

Exciting Things Ahead
Want to stay connected with all the excitement happening? Make sure to add us on
Instagram: breathe.bravely  
Twitter: @breathebravely

No comments:

Post a Comment