Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Realizing Hope: Feeling Alive (Day 19)


Our lives may be reflected in different truths, but the very basis of our existence rises and falls upon the same breath that fills our lungs. That breath is what gives us life. But that breath, however, isn’t what makes us feel alive. I mean, truly alive. That very breath simply fuels a fire within each of us - inspiring our hearts and minds to seek that in which fills us with purpose and passion. It doesn’t matter the amount of air that fills our lungs, it’s what we do with it that makes us feel alive. 


Today, I’m asking you - What makes you feel alive?








Feeling its Effects
- Day 18 - 

There’s no denying this drug is powerful. It’s unlike anything our CF community, both patient and Care Team, have ever experienced. Things are changing day by day in the smallest and grandest of ways, while also transforming each of us uniquely in ways that have yet to be assumed. I’m sure there are many things happening even within myself that  I have not noticed because they’re happening at such a cellular level or so gracefully that they go about unnoticed. 

This week has been tough in comparison to the last two. I’ve had some exhaustion set in along with a sinus pressure I’ve known before. While my sinuses still feel different and far more open than just a few short weeks ago, I know the pain of angry sinuses well. The fatigue coupled with this relentless insomnia doesn’t prove to be the best combination as my body does its best to sort itself out and find its changing “normal”. I have to remind myself that my body is doing its very best, and I just need to give it some grace.

I’m grateful for my body and its endurance in trying to establish this new normal. For the most part, my digestive system has been overall happier than it has been in a long time, and for that I’m immensely grateful. I’m being cautious of what I’m eating and how much, as not doing so seems to be making my stomach most unhappy. It’s a learning curve I *believe* I am getting somewhat of a grasp on. It may be different tomorrow, but then we will just change our sails with the wind. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to sail on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment