Saturday, January 4, 2020

Realizing HOPE - Trikafta

Hope. It’s where we live to survive. It’s where we’ve turned our mournful tears into something that, in turn, becomes what sustains us instead of destroying us. We heal, we repress, we move forward - not forgetting but simply motivated to fix our eyes upon the present so that we may have the strength to endure the future. Not only for ourselves, but for those we love. We are nothing more and nothing less than the hope that courses through our veins. Our tired spirits revived by a courage inspired by the people in which we fight to embrace for another day - drenched in a hope that connects the certainty of this very moment to a future that pleads to be known in every beautiful breath. 

I have uncontrollably shed more tears in the last few days than I have in years. It’s the realization of hope born to a reality I never truly dared to think possible - one that I have honestly protected myself from thinking about. Today I take my very first dose of Trikafta, a drug that has the potential to transform this life and truth of cystic fibrosis and the very hope that has sustained me into something I cannot even begin to fathom or begin to find the right words. There are only tears of overwhelming gratitude.


The transformation of hope into a living dream is a terrifying and emotional leap - one filled with no guarantees. The only guarantee is this very moment and the hope it will always hold. Join me here for daily posts as I share the first 30 days of my hopefully lifelong Trikafta journey. 


As I begin this Trikafta journey, I can’t help but carry on my heart the people who are still waiting for their own hope to be realized in such a way. The tears I shed overwhelm my eyes and drench my cheeks - rooted in a deep heartache for those who are waiting to have their own hope born of new priceless possibility. Please keep them on your hearts. 

Love to you all. 






1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I am so excited to hear that this long awaited drug is finally out. I pray that it proves to be as affective as it is supposed to be and more! I can’t wait to see your daily posts and hear how wonderful you are feeling every day! God bless you i will see you at the 19 th annual CF Walleye Classic in Bemidji 🙂❤️

    ReplyDelete