Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Arrow

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward, so when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great, so just focus, and keep aiming." - unknown


I am focused.  I am driven.  I am dedicated.  Do my arrows sometimes miss the target completely? Yes, but I grab another arrow and take another aim at the target.


Think of the last time you felt the world was caving in on you, that there was a target in front of you but you had no arrow to shoot, or you completely missed the target.  How great did it feel when you had an arrow in hand and hit the target perfectly?



Trust
Imagine the tension in your fingertips as your fingers pull back the arrow, your gaze steady upon the target, your breath moving through your body, and your fingers beginning to let go of the arrow.  At that very moment all you can do is trust.  Trust that your focus, preparation, and dedication will launch the arrow forward to fly.  Once the arrow leaves your fingertips you cannot control its course, all you can do is just watch with anticipation and hope as it spirals through the air towards the target.



With every looming infection, with every ounce of breath lost, or with every progressing complication CF has to throw at me, I will remain focused on the target.  Those difficult days make hitting the target that much sweeter.  In the morning my body hurts just getting out of bed.  People with CF suffer from inflammation in their joints [knees and ankles], costochondritis [inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the breastbone], and the tearing of intercostal cartilages.  I know the first few steps in the morning are going to be the worst, but I trust that each step will propel me forward and get easier through the day.



I trust that the focus I have, the preparation I take [treatments, medications, rest], and the dedication I have to fight will all set my arrow soaring through the air.  The more I pull back on my arrow, the farther it will fly. In the face of any adversity CF has to offer, my gaze will always remain steady and focused, trusting that when my arrow is released it will soar towards the target.  Thank you all for cheering me on, it means more than you will ever know.   Love to you all.


Today, let your arrow soar. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I have put up my old post Many video camera in the post Gave various information to the subject. Those who hope in the episode will come in many ways. And its website is attracted by Google's search engine. Thanks for lots of information on this article.
    hunting arrows

    ReplyDelete