Monday, April 7, 2014

The Power of a Wish

"We all have the power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing." - Louisa May Alcott
Wish Trip 2OO3

How does a wish begin?  Is it like a small seed living inside each of us, waiting to be watered?  


The Make-A-Wish Foundation is an extraordinary program. Their mission is to strengthen and empower children battling life-threatening medical conditions through granting wishes. Every 38 minutes a wish is granted.

My aunt, mom, me, & Mark

I was granted a wish when I was 17 years old. How incredible is that? There were so many generous and giving people that made my wish possible, and to them I am truly grateful.  Their selfless acts of kindness will forever have impacted me.


My wish? Hawaii. 
I swam in the ocean, went snorkeling, took a helicopter ride over Oahu, went horseback riding and hiking through the lush hills, picked a pearl, went to a luau, laid on the beach, and most of all breathed in the salty air.  I can still feel the sand and smell the breeze.  That trip taught me more than I could have ever known it would. It taught me the power of a wish, and how the generosity of complete strangers can so greatly impact a life for the better.  


I had a seed inside of me, and Make-A-Wish so graciously watered it and watched it grow and bloom into a beautiful flower.  That trip gave me the power to keep believing in the future.


Thank you Make-A-Wish volunteers, supporters, sponsors, and staff for believing in the power of a wish.  Being touched by your mission has made me who I am today.  Love to you all.  

How has a selfless act of kindness impacted you?


To learn more about Make-A-Wish or how you can become involved visit: www.wish.org






No comments:

Post a Comment