Wednesday, April 30, 2014

To Be Happy

From the very moment that you wake up in the morning you are confronted with choices: whether to hit the snooze button, what to wear, if you're going to stop and get coffee, and if you're going to make today a good day.  The choices you make not only affect you, but the people around you as well.  The choice to live joyfully and find the good in everything holds great power.


When I woke up I found Mark had written this on our chalkboard:
"Each morn when I open my eyes, I say to myself: I, not events have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.  I can choose which it shall be.  Yesterday is dead.  Tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.  I have just one day- today, and I am going to be happy in it." - G. Marx

The Battle 
Do I get angry at CF? All the time.  Do I plead and try to make deals with CF?  Constantly.  Does CF care what I have going on in my life or about my dreams?  Not at all.  CF has its own agenda and my body is the mere vessel in which it can live out its plan.  Just for a moment I catch myself feeling normal, strong, and invincible.  Those moments when I think anything is possible and the future is endless are so blissful. Then, CF reminds me in some way of its presence and unyielding vengeance.  Can't CF just sit mildly in the background and let me have a few moments of bliss?  This week is a week that I have so greatly been looking forward to and what does my body want to do?  Revolt.  CF and I are in an epic battle this week to see who is stronger.   I, and thanks to my CF Team, will get through this week and I will prevail.   I alone have the power to choose whether or not CF will ruin me or motivate me.  I have the power to choose to be happy in every circumstance.  

Do I hate CF? Yes, but I have the power to choose to see the good in it and the beautiful life I have been given.  I think of all the wonderful people who have come into my life because of CF:  I wouldn't trade that for anything.  There is happiness in every day that is filled with breath.  Love to you all.

Will you choose to be happy today?



No comments:

Post a Comment