Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 10 - Breathe Bravely Challenge


Finding the beauty in every breath.

As I awoke this morning and soft beams of sunlight poured through my window, I couldn't help but be filled with such happiness and gratitude for the new day that lie before me. For a brief moment it was as if time completely stood still, and I just merely existed in the moment: soaking in the renewing rays of warming sunshine. The heavy clouds and rain that had steadily greeted me each morning for the past few days were now replaced with an amber glow that warmed the earth: illuminating droplets of rain left behind.

I love a beautiful and gentle Spring rain that cleanses and awakens the earth, but my body does not have such welcoming sentiments. As the years have progressed, my CF has become more temperamental to the climate and weather changes of the day and seasons. My lungs and body struggle with days drenched in humidity, dampness, and cold. Sometimes, it seems as if every cell in my body can feel when a weather front is moving through: making my lungs extra "gunky," my sinuses enflamed, and every joint and muscle aching. A few days of this weather always makes me extra tired just from the toll it takes on my body. 


Today is a new day and the sun is shining. After all, cloud filled days just make the sun seem all the brighter. The world has been renewed with the life-giving rains of Spring, but there seems to be an extra glow coming from everything being kissed by this morning's sun. Love to you all. 


Today is yours for the taking: take a moment to feel the renewing sun upon your face and breathe in all its goodness. 







Become a part of the Breathe Bravely 60 day challenge. 
Take a moment every day and capture the beauty that fills every breath.

1. Capture a beautiful moment every day for 60 days. 
2. Each day share your picture with us: 
          Facebook - Ashley Ballou-Bonnema
          Instagram - breathe.bravely
          Twitter - @breathebravely

3. Add the hashtag #breathebravely60 to your post and tag Breathe Bravely in your photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment