Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 30 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

We all have them, those "firsts." When we look back on them it brings back a flood of emotion and memories. 

I drove past my very first apartment recently and couldn't help but be overcome with memories, sentiments, and emotion. What caught my eye was the gorgeous tree blooming out front. It was the most vibrant fuchsia I had ever seen. What made me sad was that I had never noticed it in the years I lived there. I had passed by that tree countless times and never once recognized the beauty that lied literally right outside my door. How much other beauty has passed through my life without me ever realizing? 

Seeing that tree did cause immense joy to bubble inside of me, causing a wide spread smile to still be set upon my lips. It caused me to think of some of the greatest people to come into my life. In those early moments I wouldn't understand just how meaningful, important, and life-giving those relationships would be and still are. I can't imagine my life without that first apartment and all those who experienced it with me: they've been a shaping force in my life and for that I am so grateful.  I just wish I would have realized all the beauty that surrounded me then. It's not until you can look back do you really understand and know the value of an experience.  Love to you all.


Think about your first apartment or house. What beauty did it add to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment