Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 8 - Breathe Bravely Challenge


Finding the beauty in every breath.

After months of lifelessness, the once barren trees hushed by winter's frigid grip are silently emerging with new life. All around there seems to be a renewed presence of life.  A hint of hope electrifies the crisp Spring air. It hits you like the chill of the cool damp April morning: you can't help but breathe it in. Do you feel it? Do you see it? 

Amidst the cold months of winter, I too wondered if I would ever feel the life renewing rays of the Spring sun. This last battle with CF left me consumed by the desolation and harshness of winter, leaving me desperate for any signs of life: to be immersed in Spring's hope. There's nothing I wished for more than to feel such life coursing through my veins again:  to breathe deeply, to live fully, and to dream without limitations. 


Today, there are signs of Spring all around me. The trees are budding, the Daffodils and Tulips are bursting forth with life, and an endless song can be heard from the branches stretching high above my head.  My soul is blooming with hope for today and the possibility of tomorrow. I am renewed by Spring's flourishing beauty and reminded just how amazing this life is. For that I am truly grateful. Love to you all. 

Step outside and breathe in that Spring air and all its hope.





Become a part of the Breathe Bravely 60 day challenge. 
Take a moment every day and capture the beauty that fills every breath.

1. Capture a beautiful moment every day for 60 days. 
2. Each day share your picture with us: 
          Facebook - Ashley Ballou-Bonnema
          Instagram - breathe.bravely
          Twitter - @breathebravely

3. Add the hashtag #breathebravely60 to your post and tag Breathe Bravely in your photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment