Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 14 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

Music is something that has not only added tremendous beauty to my life, but every breath that currently sustains me. At every crossroads, my life seems to have been accompanied by a magnificent melody echoing from within: always guiding, comforting, and challenging me. Thanks to an amazing woman and friend, that incredible melody has come to life for all to share in and experience. There are simply no words to convey the beauty that exists within this meaningful piece of music. Just listen.




"Breath" by Deanna Wehrspann
Debuted by the Augustana College String Orchestra
Chapel of Reconciliation
April 13, 2015


This magnificent piece was composed by the incredible Deanna Wehrspann: a dear colleague, mentor, and most meaningful of all, friend. A little less than a year ago, she contacted me asking if she could compose a piece of music in response to a Breathe Bravely blog. Needless to say, I was so humbled and wrought with emotion. I still am. What an incredible thing to share. The music that fills my soul has been set free and will forever be alive because of her magnificent creation: what a treasure. And on Monday for the very first time, life was breathed into her composition, and it was brought to musical life. How incredible to be a part of it. The deepest of thanks to Deanna and to my dear Augustana for filling my life with beautiful music that will forever accompany my journey. Love to you all. 



What beautiful melody do you hear in your life?








Become a part of the Breathe Bravely 60 day challenge. 
Take a moment every day and capture the beauty that fills every breath.

1. Capture a beautiful moment every day. 
2. Each day share your picture with us: 
          Facebook - Ashley Ballou-Bonnema
          Instagram - breathe.bravely
          Twitter - @breathebravely

3. Add the hashtag #breathebravely60 to your post and tag Breathe Bravely in your photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment