Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 24 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

Even the harshest of storms breathes beauty into everything it touches: renewing, transforming, and giving life. There is no doubt that it can be most destructive and devastating, but even amidst the torrential rains there is beauty. The storm is never forgotten, but instead makes the beauty just that much more vibrant in our mind.

Even though the storm of CF is ever present in my life, the beauty because of it is even more wonderful. I have come to know some of the most incredible people because of CF, and that to me is far greater than any pains CF may bring to my life. There isn’t a day that passes that I am not humbled by the passionate and caring people that are present in my life. 

Today, I had the amazing opportunity to visit some of those wonderful people: my dear friends at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter. I have the deepest appreciation and gratitude to those incredible and dear people at the Chapter: they have filled my life with so much good. These people have made it their life to fight for everyone impacted by CF: giving us all a voice and desperate to give us each another tomorrow. Honestly, without people like this I wouldn’t be alive. It’s because of people like them who started the very fight against CF that I am still here today. The team at the Minnesota/ Dakotas CF Chapter has become such a meaningful and irreplaceable part of my family, and for their presence, endless support, and kindness in my life I am so truly thankful. 


The storm of CF may ultimately cost me my final breath, but the beauty that has come into my life because of it is absolutely priceless. I wouldn’t give that up for anything. Love to you all.

What storms have brought beauty to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment