Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 17 - Breathe Bravely Challenge


Finding the beauty in every breath.

It would be an understatement for me to merely say my life is abundantly filled with goodness. I am reminded at every turn of life just how fortunate. Upon returning home from the U of M this past December, I not only was overwhelmed by the harsh realities of CF that were staring me in the face, but most of all by the astounding outpouring of support and love from the incredible people in my life. Each day I am reminded just how lucky I am and am immensely thankful for the amazing people that fill my life, for the grace I've been shown, and for every breath I've been given. 

Each one of my days begins and ends the same way: in a room with a view. It's not a picture window looking out over a glorious landscape. It's something better and far more meaningful. 

That view? A wall of gratitude. It holds some of the most meaningful pictures, cards, letters, and momentos I've received over the past 6 months. As I find my way to my "med room" first thing in the morning to do a treatment, the first thing that faces me is a wall filled with the reminders of how incredibly full and beautiful my life is. When the middle of the day rolls around and it is treatment time again, I am again faced with this reminder. As the day has ended and I finally find my way back to my "med room" for my final treatment, I am left again with the reminder of how incredible my journey has been and still is. I am so very grateful for all of life's beauty: every relationship, opportunity, and breath I have been gifted. It's the most beautiful view and the perfect way to start and end my day: rooted in gratitude.  Thank you to each one of you for beginning and ending my day with such goodness. Love to you all.

What beauty begins and ends your day?






Become a part of the Breathe Bravely 60 day challenge. 
Take a moment every day and capture the beauty that fills every breath.

1. Capture a beautiful moment every day. 
2. Each day share your picture with us: 
          Facebook - Ashley Ballou-Bonnema
          Instagram - breathe.bravely
          Twitter - @breathebravely
3. Add the hashtag #breathebravely60 to your post and tag Breathe Bravely in your photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment