Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 3 - Breathe Bravely Challenge


Finding beauty in every breath. 

Cystic Fibrosis is an ugly disease, but I strive to find the beauty in every breath I am given. This year I will spend roughly 850+ hours doing VEST treatments: 3-4 treatments every day at about 40 minutes per treatment. These treatments involve inhaling nebulized aerosols (4 medications) and my VEST (a vest that inflates with air and shakes at progressing high frequencies). Treatments help break up the mucus clogging my airways where bacteria and infection love to live.  As CF progresses, the higher the need becomes for more treatments during the day.

I spend 2 + hours every day doing treatments: fueling the deep hope that lives within every breath I take at the chance of more beautiful tomorrows. 



I am so thankful for every lifesaving treatment that has given me another day. Another day to love, to hope, to sing, to make memories, to laugh, and to breathe bravely: each is truly a gift. Love to all. 

Hope is a beautiful thing. 






Become a part of the Breathe Bravely 60 day challenge. 
Take a moment every day and capture the beauty that fills every breath.

1. Capture a beautiful moment every day for 60 days.
2. Each day share your picture with us: 
          Facebook - Ashley Ballou-Bonnema
          Instagram - breathe.bravely
          Twitter - @breathebravely
3. Add the hashtag #breathebravely60 to your post and tag Breathe Bravely in your photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment