Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 41 - Breathe Bravely Challenge


Finding the beauty in every breath.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.  So when life is dragging you back 
with difficulties, it means it that it's going to launch you into something great, 
so just focus, and keep aiming." -unknown. 


I take a deep breath and am frozen in disbelief as the sound of the arrow hitting its target echoes around me. My fingers still tingling from the vibrations of the string and bow. My arms tired from holding it so steady and pulling against the tension of the string. The more the bow and arrow seemed to resist my pull and break my concentration, the more I fought to hold myself steady and fight to focus on the target in the distance. At times it felt as if the target was moving farther and farther away: out of my reach. 

But instead of dropping my stance and giving up, I merely pulled the arrow back farther, hoping that when it would be released it would be able to go the distance. But I could only do so much. 

At times I lost sight of the target and became too weak to hold my grip. At times there seemed to be obstacles obscuring the arrows direct path. When I was too unsteady and weakened by the brutalities of CF, there suddenly became several hands pulling the arrow back and holding my hands steady. When the arrow needed to be shot further than I could possibly ever reach alone, there was a strong army of hands drawing the feathered end back and pointing the tip towards the stars: relieving the pressure and strain from my own fingertips. 

Together we let go and watched the arrow soar. Together we watched as it sailed through the air, not certain where it would land. Together we held our breath, hoping it would have enough force to reach its target. But it did. Together we not only hit the target, we burst through it with such strength. Love to you all.

Together, there's no distance that arrow can't soar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment