Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 52 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

The beauty of a rose is undeniable: unique in color, brilliance, and makeup. Not only has the rose become a symbol for Cystic Fibrosis, the phrase, "65 Roses" has become a trademark of the CF Foundation. "65 Roses" may be easier to say than "Cystic Fibrosis," but it also represents the beauty of each life amidst a devastatingly ugly disease. 

Even if my journey has been gifted with CF, it still is an incredible one that I wouldn't trade for anything. It has shaped me into who I am, made me more tenacious, and brought about some of the most amazing relationships in my life. The most glorious and most difficult moments are each a part of my unique journey, and every breath that fills it is most beautiful. 

I hope when you look at a rose, you see the beauty, vibrancy, and life each petal represents. With every rose, I hope for at least a moment, you always think of Cystic Fibrosis and how this disease has impacted your life: whether it great or small. Yes, we might get pricked by a thorn here or there, but roses are not defined by their thorns. They are defined by the lasting beauty they share and the meaning in which they give to each of us. Love to you all.

Fight CF 

Give someone a rose or roses, and tell them the story of how CF has impacted your life. Share it with us via Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #65roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment