Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 42 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

So much of our lives are spent living in the future, missing out on the beauty and greatness that lie right at our very fingertips of today. Suddenly we are so wrapped up in the hope and anticipation of tomorrow that when it finally arrives and its beauty is blazing before us, we fail to see it because we're already looking past the given day onto the next in hopes it will be greater.

The resounding question on everyone's minds and the two words I've been confronted with more than any this week?

"What's next?"

I don't know what the future will hold, and that's the beauty of it. I've learned a lot from my journey these past 2 years: the hardest and most impactful lessons coming from these past six months. The most valuable thing I've learned is that as much as I plan for tomorrow, all I have is this very moment. I can make plans, dreams, and an agenda, but there are no guarantees for any of it. Of course, there are new dreams, goals, and plans brewing in my mind, but I've learned that they will all come about as they are meant to. What I have realized most these past months is any plan I have in my mind will not be as great and as beautiful as how my story will truly unfold. What's most important is that I focus on the gift I've been given: to not get lost in the future and miss out on today. It's not something that comes easy to me as I like to set my sights upon new, and greater endeavors, but I am doing my best to revel in the brilliance of this very moment. Love to you all. 

Live in the hope of tomorrow while being present and alive in the beauty of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment