Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 56 - Breathe Bravely Challenge.

Finding the beauty in every breath.

I have always strived to be an independent, strong, and self sufficient individual: never wanting to be an inconvenience or a bother to anyone. But it's a humbling place when you realize that you are not alone. That your very existence is based upon the graciousness and support of others. That we are all in this fight of life together, no matter what we are fighting. 

In all honesty, I've always thought that needing and allowing people to help me meant I was weak, that I was somehow less than, and that CF was winning. Keeping people at arms distance also was a way for me to protect them. But what has this last year taught me? And more specifically these last 6 months? That I wouldn't be here without the help and care of so many people. 

Today's post is for all those people who silently fight behind the scenes for each one of us with CF. It's for all the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, social workers, dietitians, receptionists and so on. It's for the parents, the friends, family members, and complete strangers. It's for all those who silently support this journey living with CF.  Each of those silent servers have so greatly impacted my life: they've given me today. For each of them I am so very grateful for they are a part of every breath that I take. For YOU, I am so thankful. It's a humbling place to be when you look around at your life and realize that you're not weak, but strong because you were able to take and accept the help you needed: the help to fight for another day. Thank you from the depths of my heart for standing next to me when I needed it most. For letting me know that it is not in weakness that we ask for help, but in strength. For helping give me another beautiful day in this amazing journey that is my life. 

Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 27, I ask that you wear purple in support not only for those with CF, but for all those who silently take part in this fight to give us each another breath. Join me in saying "thank you"to each one of them by wearing purple. Let's show our support for this amazing community of fighters and supporters. Love to you all. 

Fight CF

- Wear purple to show your support. Post your purple photo tomorrow and make sure to tag Ashley Ballou-Bonnema on Facebook or breathe.bravely on Instagram! 

No comments:

Post a Comment