Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 51 - Breathe Bravely Challenge

Finding the beauty in every breath.

Mornings. There is something truly special about those early hours: the breaking of a new day. It holds so much potential. There's little I love more than waking up to the sun's soft light pouring through the windows, drenching everything in its reach with a warm glow. 

But if you know me, mornings are a bit of a struggle. Not because I don't love to greet the morning, but because CF can make mornings a bit tougher and more time consuming. Mark always jokes at how difficult it is for me (us) to depart on schedule in the morning and arrive on time. If we have to be somewhere together, he usually tells me an earlier time in hopes I might be ready to go by the time we actually need to leave. And try as I must, I can't be on time to save my life. Is it because I hit "snooze" too many times? I overslept? I had to stop for coffee? No. Well, the coffee thing, maybe. 

I have been up for a couple of hours already and my morning has been filled with a demanding regimen of neb treatments and VEST therapy. We all calculate how much time it will take us from up to out the door: the average person just doesn't have to add 45 minutes worth of treatments to that. Now, cut out 45 minutes, 2 to 3 more times during your day. That is 1 to 2 more treatments in the afternoon and 1 before bed. When I am "sick" or trying to fight off the onset of something the number of treatments increases, but always striving to do at least 3 treatments as "maintenance." Sometimes this just isn't feasible, but I know for every treatment missed, that's a "free move" I give to CF.  

Yes, I'd love to hit the snooze and sleep a bit longer, not worry about doing a treatment after a night out with friends, or not have to take a "treatment break" during the day, but it's my beautiful life. I know if I want as many wonderful years, months, days, and moments that treatments just have to be a part of my "normal" life. I am willing to fight for every breath: never giving up or in to CF. Even if that does mean it takes me a bit longer to get out the door in the morning. Love to you all. 

FIGHT CF

- Post a picture either on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #mintxmornings. For every hashtag and picture posted, 50 cents will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation by Mint-X Rodent Repellent Trash Bags
Post often along with your #breathebravely60!

No comments:

Post a Comment